What are affirmations? They are “sentences aimed to affect the conscious and the subconscious minds, so that in turn, they affect our behaviour, thinking patterns, habits and environment.”
How often should I say affirmations? The general rule is 3 times every day for a minimum of 30 days. Once when you first wake up, once throughout the day, and once right before you go to sleep.
How do positive affirmations work? They are very powerful because they release you from negativity, fear, worry, and anxiety. When these affirmations are repeated over and over again, they begin to take charge of your thoughts, slowly changing your pattern of thinking and ultimately changing your life.
Some positive affirmations:
- I believe in myself.
- I am proud of myself.
- I love myself and my body.
- I am brave, beautiful, and bold.
- My thoughts become my reality.
- My possibilities are endless.
- I am talented and intelligent.
- I will not worry about things I cannot control.
- I am grateful for all that I have.
- I am becoming more confident every day.
- I am doing my best.
- I am free of worry and regret.