The Law of Attraction Simply Explained
If you aren’t familiar with the Law of Attraction, Success Consciousness defines it as: “the attractive, magnetic power of the Universe that manifests through everyone and through everything. This law attracts thoughts, ideas, people, situations, circumstances, and the things you think about.” Believe it or not, but the Law of Attraction has been around for over 200 years.
What does this mean? In simple terms, it means that we manifest our own realities.
What is a Vision Board?
A vision board is visual representation of your dreams/goals/wishes/desires. It’s a great way to put the Law of Attraction into practice. It’s a visualization tool that helps you set clear intentions that you’d like to attract into your life.
My Personal Experience
At the end of November 2020, I made a vision board for a clarity course that I took. I chose to find quotes that resonated with me from Pinterest and photos (online or my own). I put a photo of the beach on it, having no idea how or when that would happen. Within 2 days, I was laid off from my job and I got an opportunity of a lifetime through a friend of mine to head to Hawaii for 3 weeks (virtually free). I wouldn’t say that every time you make a vision board, the turnaround rate will be THAT quick, but man am I grateful! After returning from Hawaii, my entire goals/visions/desires shifted and I created a new one upon my return (see below).
I love printing photos and physically cutting/gluing them to make it more intentional. I have also done an online one as well, which can be helpful printing out multiple copies and putting them all over the house/office.
Vision Board Tips
- There is NO right or wrong way to do it! The sooner that you have no expectations, the better. Vision boards are a way of using self-expression and creativity. You’re more than welcome to get ideas from other people, but at the end of the day… just be authentically yourself. This is for YOUR goals/desires and the life you want to live.
- Brainstorm. What do you want to manifest? Make a list of goals/wishes/desires that you want to bring to life. It could be anything from graduating college, buying a new car, getting a new job, move to a different country, etc. What is it that YOU want in your life to happen? To help get you started, think of these areas of your life: family, career, love, your values, health/happiness, how to grow… What type of vision board you want to do? Examples: Online using Canva, poster paper, legal paper, painted on a canvas, drawn/coloured, scrapbook paper etc. Don’t overthink it, go with your gut. What do you want it to look like?
Reminder: You will need to keep this in a place where you are able to look at it frequently. Keep that in mind when you’re choosing the size of your base.
Advanced Tip: You are able to do multiple vision boards, for different areas of your life.
- Only include things that you DO want. The Law of Attraction works with both positive / negative manifestations. You want to keep your vision board filled with the things that you want to attract and not things that you don’t want to attract. The cool part is that you don’t need to know HOW you will achieve these things, you just manifest them happening. The opportunities will present and paths themselves over time if they aren’t obvious to you from the start.
- Prepare/Gather Materials. After you’ve decided on what type of vision board(s) you want, be sure to make a list and gather the materials that you’ll need. Some materials you may need: Newspapers, magazines, printed online photos, printed quotes from Pinterest, glue, printer ink, tape, paint, scrapbook paper, scissors, laptop, or coloured pencils.
Reminder: you want your vision board to represent what you want to manifest in your life. eg: If you want to buy a new car, you can print out the specific car OR a cute picture you found online of a girl with her hair blowing in the wind and a smile on her face.. whatever resonates with you most!
- Relax. I personally meditate prior to starting as it helps relax me. Have a glass of wine if you’re into that, light a candle (or 6), play whatever music floats your boat.. the world is your oyster. Remember, this night is about YOU and your dream life 🙂
- Have fun with it! Do it alone, do it with friends (virtually if you’re in lockdown).. just make sure you’re having fun:) Don’t worry about the aesthetic or stress about making it look perfect. It will defeat the purpose of the vision board if you start thinking of it as a chore or a trigger.
- Put it somewhere where you’ll consistently see it. Your vision board will be a tool to maintain focus on your goals and aid you to visualize yourself achieving them. Studies show that visualizing is almost just as important as doing.
Tip: If you made one online, print out multiple copies and mount them wherever the heck you want. You’re the boss!
- Don’t forget to work towards making your visions come true. This is important. Don’t forget that regardless of how much you visualize something, you need to still do your part. These goals/visions/desires will not magically appear. Your vision board mentally prepares you and prepares you for when you do achieve what you’re manifesting. Neat.
- Update it or redo it if you think of new goals, achieve them, or outgrow them. Whichever method feels right & whatever time feels right, go with that. Different phases of our lives will require different approaches.
Here is my vision board that I created this week as an example. Feel free to share your vision board on Instagram and tag me for a feature @ignitingsunbeams. You can also email email@example.com